Get your dancing shoes on and join The Minus One Club of Calgary’s social dance this January 28! The Minus One Club of Calgary was established in 1963 and is the city’s longest-running singles social club.
They hold bi-weekly social dances that are open to anyone, whether you’re going alone or with a partner. They have a live band and a 4000 square feet wooden dance floor where you can glide and groove.
They hold their dances at St. Vladimir’s Ukrainian Orthodox Sobor, 404 Meredith Road NE Calgary. This is reachable through public transport and has plenty of street parking.
Check out this map to locate the place:
For this particular dance on January 28, doors open at 6:30 PM and will last until 11:00 PM. The “Jana and Danny” band plays from 7:30 PM to 11:00 PM.
There will be dance breaks at 8:30 PM and 9:45 PM. So don’t worry about not getting enough rest in between.
Admission is $12 for members of the club and $14 for guests. You are not allowed to pay online or through a card because they only accept cash.
If you want to join the club as a permanent member, club membership will set you back $15. All beverages can be purchased at their licensed cash-only bar.
You will also be served sandwiches, pickles, tea, and coffee at 9:45 PM. These are all included in your admission price.
Do know that outside food or drinks are not permitted.
It’s a great chance to socialize and meet new friends in a fun and welcoming environment. It’s an event you don’t want to miss!
If it’s your first time joining this activity, take note of the following reminders:
- Members and guests will be expected to be pleasant, courteous, and respectful at all times.
- The dress code requires no runners and no soiled or unkept attire.
- Anyone bringing drinks of any kind into the hall will be given a warning and banned if caught again.
- Cigarette smoking, cannabis, pipes, etc., are not allowed on the premises.
- Everyone is asked to throw their waste at the appropriate bins provided before leaving the hall.
- All attendees should accept full responsibility for any allergy or dietary restrictions they may have when eating or drinking at the club.