If you love the blues, this event is for you! Iowa-based singer and musician Kevin Burt is coming to Calgary for a two-night show this January 20 and 21 at Arts Common!
For nearly 30 years, Kevin Burt has captivated audiences with his smooth vocals and amazing harmonica and guitar skills. His sense of humor and wit is also a real crowd-pleaser.
Burt was born and raised in Waterloo, IA. He made Iowa Blues a thing by becoming the first artist to win the top prizes in three categories (Solo/Duo, Solo/Duo Guitar and Harmonica) at the International Blues Challenge in 2018.
He released his debut album in October 2018, titled “Heartland & Soul”. This album was nominated for a 2019 Blues Music Award for Best Emerging Artist Album.
Since then, his music career has blossomed, In 2020, he signed with Gulf Coast Records. They released “Stone Crazy”, which ranked #3 on Billboard’s Contemporary Blues chart.
Stream that album here.
Check out this clip for a glimpse of his musical prowess:
If you want to watch him live, both shows on January 20 and 21 start at 8 PM. You may book your tickets here.
Tickets sell at $49 apiece.
First time at Arts Commons? Here are some reminders:
- You have three options for getting and using tickets to enter performances.
- You can present your digital ticket at the performance which is optimized for scanning from your mobile device. Just make sure to turn up the brightness!
- Another option is to have your ticket mailed to you which can take 7-14 business days. Single ticket purchases with mail delivery selected are sent every week.
- You may also pick up tickets on the night of the show. Just make sure to get there 30 minutes prior to the show to anticipate the line.
- The venue is easily accessible by car, foot, bike, or public transit. Check out this link for specifics regarding parking, bus and bike access, as well as see a map of the place.
- Accessible parking, seating, and hearing assistance are all available at Arts Commons.
- For best seating and to get more information about accessibility, especially for people needing a wheelchair or if visually impaired, you may contact the Art Commons Box Office by calling 403-294-9494.